[sword-devel] Korais - word processing for ancient scripts
d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 07:01:09 MST 2009
This software may be of interest to CrossWire developers.
Writing with ancient scripts and making your texts available to text editors
of multiple platforms (Windows, Linux/Unix, Macintosh etc.) is unfortunately
still not a very easy task. KORAIS is a word processor and email application
with an integrated input method, that will help you address exactly this
Here is a summary of what KORAIS allows you to do:
* Write texts or emails in Aramaic, Ancient Greek (Polytonic) and Modern
Greek (Monotonic), Coptic, Cypriot Syllabogram, Etruscan, Hebrew, Old
Persian, Phoenician, Ugaritic, Linear B.
* Convert texts from 137 various Encoding into Unicode.
* Use up to 137 Encodings to save your texts.
* Convert any non-Unicode Greek font to Unicode Greek.
* Use as many of the available Keymaps as you want in a single document
* Easily add your own Keymaps using any characters in Unicode 4.1 (e.g.
Egyptian Hieroglyphic, Luwian, Linear A etc.), using combinations of up to 7
Hotkeys you can assign up to 3433 characters to a single Keymap!
* Easily add any Unicode 4.1 characters into your document through a
table that displays all Unicode characters available
* Convert your text to Unicode or to one of 137 available Encodings
* View all Unicode characters available on your system in a graphical
* Send and receive e-mails with or without attachments. The recipient
will be able to read your text, even if he does not have KORAIS
* Administrate easily an infinite number of IMAP, POP and SMTP accounts!
View this message in context: http://n4.nabble.com/Korais-word-processing-for-ancient-scripts-tp585860p585860.html
Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the sword-devel