[sword-devel] language/locale codes

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Nov 11 02:27:21 MST 2009

Chris Little wrote:

> Longer term, it would be nice to push this functionality back into the
> library so that front ends can all share the benefits of updated data
> without having to deal with updates or the particulars and eventual
> changes in BCP 47. But that will obviously require API changes, which
> are not permitted, last I heard.

Are you sure about that? I think Troy was keen that 1.6.x does not
_break_ anything, but adding of new methods which do not alter anything
prexisting should be without problem? No one would need to change their
programme for that, but people could start making use of the facility as
it becomes available - if they want to.

The automatic repository update was one of those things.

Peter