[sword-devel] osis2mod import issue (and lack of regression tests)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat May 30 21:19:05 MST 2009

DM Smith wrote:

> I had accidentally reverted Ben's change and have just put it back.

Bad timing... we uploaded SWORD 1.6.0 packages to Debian a few hours
ago, with my patch that included all the fixes up to r2420... looks like
we should do another package in a coupld of weeks with this fix in it too...

Incidentally, while I remember... it would have been easier for me if
you'd committed the debugging enhancements to svn as a separate commit
from the bug fixes... I had to manually separate them out, since I saw
the debug changes as an enhancement, not a bug fix.

I've grabbed this latest (r2421) bugfix, and a change to re-include the
tcl biblebot (in the examples only, not as an executable), and started a
new packaging branch we can put out as 1.6.0-2 when the time is right
for that.

BTW, this kind of issue *really* demonstrates the need for regression
tests for the utilities, doesn't it :)

I'd love to propose utility regression tests (and 100% working test
suites!) as new features to aim for in SWORD 1.6.1 :)

Jonathan