[sword-devel] verseparsing-utf8

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun May 24 13:56:44 MST 2009

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

> Verseparsing-utf8 is failing.....

Confirmed.  I saw that too a while back...

> ../src/mgr/filemgr.cpp: In member function ‘signed char
> sword::FileMgr::trunc(sword::FileDesc*)’:
> ../src/mgr/filemgr.cpp:276: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ssize_t
> write(int, const void*, size_t)’, declared with attribute
> warn_unused_result

These are annoying to read, but relatively harmless (unless you do
-Werror of course :) .  They do mean that the code concerned is not
really doing sufficient error checking, which should IMO be fixed; I
think I provided some ideas/a patch for at least some of these write()
calls earlier.

> LocaleMgr::getLocale failed to find de

These mean the SWORD library can't find the SWORD de locale data on your
system.  I'm not sure it will be able to do so, unless you actually have
SWORD installed.  In your example you did:

> $ ./configure --with-icu --enable-tests

so you'd need the SWORD locale data under /usr/local/share/sword/ (as I
understand it) for these tests to work as designed.

If these tests are supposed to work "out of the tarball" with no SWORD
library and locale data yet installed, then they probably need fixing so
that they are able to "find" the SWORD locale data inside the
tarball/build area??

Jonathan