[sword-devel] InstallMgr

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri May 15 13:53:15 MST 2009

Greg Hellings wrote:

>> This thread seems to be of the mind that perhaps the module should always be
>> zipped and not expanded on disk.
>
> I believe that was Eeli's feeling.  My feeling, and it sounds like the
> feeling of several others is that the actual representation on the
> server's end is less important to the application developer than
> having the install manager in the library handle all the different URL
> protocols invisibly to the application developer.

Actually that wasn't my feeling. The local installed files should be in
whatever format is best for searching, reading etc. I had two main
thoughts: installation from local zip files should be supported, and
http were easiest to support if http repo had a simple flat directory
stucture with zip files. If these two are combined, installation from a
http server would be easy to implement: just download the combined .conf
  file, then download .zip files to a local temp location and install
from them. No need to support any arbitrary remote directory structure.

--Eeli Kaikkonen