[sword-devel] InstallMgr

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri May 15 00:24:23 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Am I helping explain my reasoning?

Yes, I think you do.

Wrt HTTP repositories - this is a valid need. Our church has cheap
hosting space which uses its ftp server only to upload stuff for the
website. There is no anonymous ftp. Nor is there any way i know of of
making some corner publicly available via FTP.

My original suggestion though remains - as source for single modules or
very small collections, and as a way to reduce misery at the
sword-support line - the ability of the module manager to look at a
locally available zip (colllection) and install it - rather than the
user trying to unzip by hand.

Peter