[sword-devel] Problem with display of references

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue May 12 03:50:32 MST 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 6:12 AM, Adrian Korten wrote:

>>> To see if this is a UI problem try it in Xiphos on Windows which  
>>> uses the SWORD engine. To see if it is an encoding problem, try  
>>> BibleDesktop, which uses the JSword engine.
>> Xiphos displayed ThML well but could not find the verse links in  
>> OSIS format. So I'd guess that the problem is the Sword engine.  
>> I'll try BibleDesktop later today but it would be a nuisance for  
>> current users to have to change the program to get better display.
> BibleDesktop displayed it as Thai and jumped to the links.
> ak
> p.s. What I didn't like about Xiphos and BibleDesktop is that they  
> installed to my admin account but the bibles could not be accessed  
> from my limited user account where I do most of my work. Secondly,  
> I'd like to set specific fonts and sizes for my Thai text but didn't  
> see how to do that. -- I did like the simple and clear lay-outs.

Regarding BD:

You can set an install location to any folder of your choice and you  
can add as many path to installed modules as you desire. Just point to  
folders containing mods.d and modules.

To set the font on a per module or per language basis: Go into the  
module installer, and navigate to the installed book or language.  
Click on the activated "Font" button to select your chosen font. (This  
should be in the manual but isn't)

Hope this helps.

In Him,

More information about the sword-devel mailing list