[sword-devel] Autotools Bug?

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:25:52 MST 2009

> OK.  Then we can hide the autoreconf command by a one line shell script
> called autogen.sh, that just runs autoreconf, if that is really less of
> a burden to new developers.  It seems like roughly the same amount of
> memory needed in either case, to me, and memorizing autoreconf is useful
> across multiple platforms and projects, and memorizing autogen.sh is not.

I would guess that you are unfamiliar with GNOME then, as autogen.sh
is used rather extensively throughout GNOME. It is widely used in
other projects, and there is even a sourceforge project
https://sourceforge.net/projects/buildconf that exists to provide a
common autogen.sh. gnome-autogen.sh is the autogen.sh used for GNOME
software. As I have never heard of autoreconf, I would say that your
comments are only based in your experience, not in fact.

Matthew