[sword-devel] Autotools Bug?

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:23:56 MST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Probably.  Proprietary development environments like this are just not
> often seen as critical targets for open source tools, I would think.

> Especially when it's not really clear what the benefits of MSVC and
> Borland over gcc would be at the end of the day... will the resulting
> app work differently?  Better?  Faster?  Or is this just a matter of
> personal choice for the developer?

MSVC is (I believe) faster, produces smaller and faster executables, etc.
BPBible sword bindings are compiled with MSVC.

Additionally, MSYS and (I believe) Cygwin are horrible environments to try
to use... (I haven't used Cygwin, but I have used MSYS)

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!