[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu May 7 00:38:44 MST 2009

Hi there .......

Daniel Owens wrote:
> I need to find a printed Bible with the 151st Psalm to verify this,
> but my suspicion is that it is not a separate book but just an additional psalm.

Psalm 151 does not appear in Catholic bibles.  It is in protestant
bibles with apocrypha usually in the second section after the prayer of
Manasseh.  In my NRSV study apocrypha, section b is headed "Books in the
Greek and Slavonic Bibles; not in the Roman Catholic canon".

Unfortunately it means that Ps will give a problem as 151 never appears
in 'Psalms'!  Chris will think of an amazing workaround for this, I'm sure.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com