[sword-devel] Question about Public Domain

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:23:55 MST 2009

Public domain is not a license. It just means that you let *anyone* use it
*however* they want. You are basically saying "I don't claim copyright on
this". However, if your code links to a GPLv2 product, then that combination
has to be available under the GPLv2. So if you make SB public domain, anyone
could take out all sword references and replace them with something else,
and sell it commercially. But as long as you distibute it linked to SWORD,
you have to provide source code.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,