[sword-devel] Question about Public Domain

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Mar 16 14:05:30 MST 2009

Tonny Kohar wrote:

> People who distribute it
> (spread the Word) does not fall into must providing the source if
> someone ask and do not need to read complicated licensing things,
> that's why I choose PD. The GPL part I do not like is that the license
> require anybody who distribute must provide a source when someone ask,

I think you have misunderstood this. GPL offers options: either you
distribute the source code when you distribute the binaries - which
should not be problem because you are already distributing data anyways
- OR you give a written offer to distribute the source code to anyone
who asks.

If you add the source code to the distribution memory stick or cd or
whatever, you are free from other obligations.

--Eeli Kaikkonen