[sword-devel] [sword-support] deuterocanonical support

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 01:13:47 MST 2009

We were promised a smallish release 1.5.12 months ago - mainly to fix bugs
and add a little to filters. It hasn't happened, partly because what ought
to have been the alternate versification branch was done in trunk. There are
big issues with 1.5.11 that have been fixed. Now it is relatively stable. I
want a release. I'm not saying that a quick release after that would be a
bad idea (I thought that was the new release plan - frequent releases), but
I think we should have at least one *now* (well, very soon - let's say
within a week or a bit more at the most - I want a BPBible 0.4.1 using
this). Definitely not delaying it by long. And I think this has the
potential to delay it for a while. I also think a big change should have
time to mature and allow developers to implement for it, etc.

Contrary to making lots of Bibles usable, I have good reason to believe it
will make lots unusable by breaking applications (this is likely to be true
for at least BPBible - and probably some others).

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!