[sword-devel] undefined reference to `sword::isroman(char const*, int)'

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 2 12:45:09 MST 2009

Teus Benschop wrote:

> When compiling sword from svn trunk just now, I got the following error
> message:
>
> ./lib/.libs/libsword.so: undefined reference to `sword::isroman(char
> const*, int)'

I just did a fresh checkout and build:

   cd && svn co https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk swordtest && \
   cd swordtest && ./autogen.sh && ./usrinst.sh && make

and it "just worked" for me here (Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 amd64).

Unless someone else can duplicate the problem you are seeing, you might
want to try checking out a fresh copy and building that, as I did above,
or even trying the build on a different machine?

Jonathan