[sword-devel] Often-requested yet never-available Bibles

Jónatas Ferreira jonatasferreira at mac.com
Mon Jul 27 12:24:35 MST 2009

Em 2009/07/27, às 13:59, sword-devel-request at crosswire.org escreveu:

> It doesn't seem all that impossible.  At those prices, mental math
> says
> the breakeven is 500 copies.  You just need the $10000 up front.
>
> If ten CrossWire people kicked in $1000 each (or twenty people @ $500
> each), and if (a big if?) there was a reasonable expectation of
> selling
> 500 NIV modules within a year or two, it would be doable.  Are there
> 500
> CrossWire users interested in the NIV at this price?  Doing something
> like that would change the "feel" of what CrossWire is, somewhat, so
> the
> group would have to decide if this sort of venture is something it
> *wants* to do.  But to me, it sounds fairly feasible, *if* the group
> chooses to make it a serious goal.
>
> Jonathan

The problem with charging for a module for Sword is that, generally,
when people think about open-source they think "free" and they don't
want to pay for anything. One example that proves my point is that,
whenever someone tries to sell Sword copies, people come here and ask
if it is legal to sell copies of Sword.

Jónatas