[sword-devel] Belarusian Bible translation by Vasilij S. Semukha

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 12:01:47 MST 2009

Through an intermediary, I have been sent a ZIP file containing an
authoritative digitized copy of the modern Belarusian Bible translation by
Vasilij S. Semukha, with the permission of the copyright owner, Alesya
Semukha.  The documents are in MS Word format.

They would like the translation to become widely available in electronic
format for various platforms, and we have the "go ahead" for both SWORD and
Go Bible.

Troy has been sent copies of the emails regarding copyright permissions,
though this still needs to be formalised in writing.

This message is therefore a call for someone at CrossWire to volunteer to
convert the MS Word documents to a fully fledged OSIS XML file, which can be
used to make a SWORD module.  I can provide a copy of the ZIP file for this
purpose.

Some knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet will be a help.

David Haslam