[sword-devel] [sword-support] Translating in french

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jan 26 07:16:04 MST 2009

Simon Baconnais wrote:
> Ok, i can translate it because these works are in the public domain.
>
> But how do can I do it ? I can't open the .czs, .czz or .czv ... What do
> I have to do, to create new modules based on the original ones ?

1) the best approach is to obtain the original files which were used to
create a module.

Usually the original location is in the conf  file. If the location is
not marked you should file a bug against the module.
(www.crosswire.org/bugs). If the file has been moved and you know where
the most reliable source is now located, pass this information on via
the bugs reporting.

2) if we really have ended up with the last surviving copy of a public
domain text, you can use the module export tools to get a OSIS or IMP
file which then you can edit/translate to your heart's content.

Latter way may appear the easier one, but should really only be used if
there is no alternative. There usually is.

Peter