[sword-devel] Packaging mail list was Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:47:11 MST 2009

Hi folks,
I don't think it is appropriate to bore everyone here with the
nitty-gritty of packaging so I've created a new packagers list at

pkg-crosswire-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org .

Your mailing list info is at:

Pkg-crosswire was (and is) intended to be a forum and collaborative
packaging area. It is hosted on Debian but it isn't intended to be
distro specific. Nor is it intended to be deb package specific if rpm
packagers would like to join.

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-crosswire

As well as the existing packages there are new packages that could be
created such as BibleDesktop, the swig bindings, other new frontends.

So I'd like to invite anyone that would be interested in this topic to
join the list and begin discussion of how to move forward.

Thanks,
Daniel