[sword-devel] Windows Module Scheme - Question for Manfred as well

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 14 19:27:44 MST 2009

Hi,
	I know this thread is a month old, but it does leave an important question
for me.  As Matthew Talbert pointed out to me, it would be more useful in
BibleMemorizer if the Sword plugin found modules installed by common
frontends.  He told me that GnomeSword on Windows uses APPDATA/.sword and
ALLUSERSAPPS/Application Data/.sword.  Is
C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\ in use now?  What other
locations would I need to search to find modules from common frontends?  (If
everyone already followed Troy's suggestion, this would be trivial.)
	Manfred, I would like the Mac version of the plugin to find MacSword modules
as well.  Where should I configure Sword to be searching for these modules,
or is there a standard preferences file I can access from C++ with this
setting?  (Qt 4 directly supports reading .plist files, so those would be
easy for me to handle.)
	Also, is there an easy way in the API to dynamically add these paths, or do I
need to write settings to a .conf file?

-Jeremy Erickson