[sword-devel] Sword Library on Windows Without Requiring Cygwin

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 9 18:04:09 MST 2009

Hi,
	I have successfully built BibleMemorizer using the binaries Matthew Talbert
provided me.  (Matthew, thank you for providing those!)  Thanks to everyone
for the suggestions; they may be helpful for the future if I try to build a
lighter Sword library (since I'm not using features like CLucene or the
install manager).
	At present I am using MinGW to compile BibleMemorizer itself, since the Qt
binary installer for Windows sets everything up such that this works.  I was
already using QMake on other platforms, so I used Cygwin to run
my ./configure script just to generate qmake_vars (a file unique to
BibleMemorizer) and then re-ran QMake myself.  Because I didn't have to use
MSYS, my setup problems there weren't an issue.
	For those who want to download binaries, they are available from my
SourceForge project page.

-Jeremy Erickson