[sword-devel] Spelling (was Versification/Encoding issues)

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 06:00:56 MST 2009

Review

‘His scholarship cannot be bettered … In the face of centuries of highly
coloured myths, his dogged and committed analytic detail is greatly to be
welcomed.‘ Professor David Daniell, Emeritus Professor of English at UCL

‘… meticulously researched and clearly written … This is a tremendous
achievement and a valuable addition to biblical literature.‘ Contemporary
Reviews

‘In recounting the history of the textual transmission of the English Bible,
Dr Norton has produced an impressive piece of work. Not only does he provide
a mass of information on a much fuller scale than has ever been attempted
before, but he presents it with admirable clarity, using such manuscript
evidence as is available, and full lists and tables of variant readings as
well as the resources of computer technology. In short, it is a milestone in
its particular field, and other scholars and students will find it
indispensable.‘ Canon Professor J. R. Porter, Professor Emeritus of
Theology, Exeter University, Church Times

‘… work of awe-inspiring diligence. … one can have nothing but praise for a
beautifully written and handsomely presented piece of work.‘ Epworth Review

'His book will be the definitive work on the subject for a long time to
come, and is unlikely to be superseded unless and until significant new
evidence comes to light …' Churchman

'… detailed analysis … formidable attention … an essential reference.'
Religious Studies Review

Pasted from the Amazon.co.uk page

-- David