[sword-devel] CrossWire website

Chris Morgan chris.morganiser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 23:30:40 MST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> I also do think there should be ways of making it work with a single
> sheet, making IE fail gracefully rather than badly. Any suggestions are
> welcome. I presume the key will be around exploiting a non implemented
> child/relation pseudo class type CSS thing which will work everywhere
> but for IE6

Have a look at http://css-tricks.com/how-to-create-an-ie-only-stylesheet/.
I personally use the html > body one most often for just small things, and a
separate stylesheet via conditional comments for bigger things.  Note that
the non-IE one is incorrect (other browsers need to see it as NOT a comment)
- it needs to be <!--[if !IE]-->...<!--[endif]-->.  So for just hiding it
from IE6 and earlier, it'd be <!--[if gt IE 6]-->...<!--[endif]-->.

Hope this helps.

God bless,

Chris Morgan <chris.morganiser at gmail.com>

I don't need a quote in my signature.