[sword-devel] [Wiki Frontend comparison] Proximity searches

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 28 08:42:46 MST 2009

I believe Matthew is correct about the lucene limitation about finding
hits only within document.

Proximity search between verses isn't supported in the engine yet, but
should be soon.  There is limited support starting in 1.5.11, I believe,
which creates chapter document (or in SWORD terms, DisplayLevel
document, which means more in genbook terms).  For example, you can do a
search:

prox:"God love"~15

and it will tell you which chapters have hits.  This is not ideal, as
chapter boundaries should not be a limitation either, but it works very
nice for genbook docs-- especially the inscription and papyri databases.

Here is the search on NASB:

http://crosswire.org/study/wordsearchresults.jsp?mod=NASB&searchTerm=prox%3A"God+love"~15

The impl will change when we do something more official, but it is still
useful for some cases.

	-Troy.