[sword-devel] Getting rid of BibleCS (was Re: [bt-devel] Eureka!!)

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 27 07:23:54 MST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

> Am 27.02.2009 um 02:02 schrieb Peter von Kaehne:
>
>>> 2. Add a comparison table for desktop front-ends called "Which SWORD
>>> application is right for me?" or something like that. I would be
>>> happy
>>> to contribute to this. It could include columns for OS's
>>> supported, RtoL
>>> support, localization, layout style, development status (not
>>> maintained,
>>> maintained, under ongoing development, etc.), and other items. I
>>> may put
>>> something up on the wiki and see where it goes. If it becomes
>>> useful for
>>> the main page at some point then it can be moved.
>>
>> I think this is an excellent idea.
>
> Me too. We should do this.

I have started such a page: http://crosswire.org/wiki/Choosing_a_SWORD_program

The content I put on it is just a starting place.

Personally, I'd like to suggest that we approach editing the page with
prayer and discernment. Our goal should be to get God's Word into
people's hearts.

It is not to try to show that BibleCS shouldn't be used or that our
favorite application is the best.

In Him,
	DM