[sword-devel] Getting rid of BibleCS Why I prefer CS

Geoffrey W Hasstings geoffreyhastings at juno.com
Thu Feb 26 23:18:05 MST 2009

I agree.
I am not a programmer but a user of the software.
CS Advantages
1.verse list feature
  a. verse list will switch to what ever translation you have open. You
can print the same list in different languages with just a couple of
clicks.
       I usually teach and preach from verse lists.
        -when preaching in Mexico I print off my list in english and then
click the Spanish translation and print the same list in Spanish.
        - when teaching interns, some of which are from Mexico, I hand
out the list of verses I am using in English and Spanish.
  b. can have multiple verse lists open at the same time.
  c. You can build verse lists off of other verse lists.
        Example. Have a list of all verses with "bapt" open.
        -then open a couple of blank New verse lists to create a "Baptism
is commanded" and "baptism is after conversion" verse lists.
        -go down the "bapt" verse list. When a verse applies to one or
both of the new lists double click on it. Then select "add current verse
to list in either new list.
2. You may not like the look of it but I have found it to be the most
user friendly of the bunch.
3. Search feature automatically searches what ever window you have
active. If you want to search a commentary, dictionary, book, Bible etc..
just click on it and hit search.

It's late and I get up early or I would take time to think of a few more.

Geoff

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:00:45 +1100 Chris Morgan