[sword-devel] Getting rid of BibleCS (was Re: [bt-devel] Eureka!!)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 15:44:15 MST 2009

Jonathan Morgan wrote:

>> I applaud Xiphos and BibleTime for coming to Windows. Each provides a
>> different way at approaching God's Word. Now we have 5 major, supported
>> frontends for Windows that people can choose from! (I'm including AlKitab)
>
> But not, it appears, including BPBible, which is a very interesting
> thing given the number of downloads it has, and certain other
> advantages that I am too biased to report on impartially.

I think the absence of proper RtoL support is a serious issue. We
discussed this and you accepted that you have a render problem, which
you plan to resolve. So, yes. At the moment we have 5, once you got your
rendering fixed we have (are closer to having) six. Do not get me wrong.
BpBible is a great application and its success on portable Apps is
brilliant. But you got an issue you need to resolve.

And once we have a situation with modules being in limbo due to lack of
BibleCS support we know that we need to make a decision. That situation
is not here right now. We might never get there if BibleCS is maintained
- or we might be there in a couple of weeks/months when 1.5.12 is out
and the next spurt of module testing starts. I think so far whenever we
had an actual problem with BibleCS not supporting this or that someone
paid attention to it. I guess this might happen again, though, clearly
there might be no real pressure anymore for someone to get a fit of
mercy for BibleCS users.

Peter