[sword-devel] encoding acrostic titles (Ps 119)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 19 13:24:45 MST 2009

DM Smith wrote:
> Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> Am trying to clean up a new module but stumble over the Ps 119 acrostic
>> titles.
>> In USFM they are encoded \qa [Letter]
>> I tried <lg type="acrostic"> [Letter] </lg> but it appears that xmllint
>> does not like it. I get a message inside lg with attribute there may not
>> be anything but white space.
> An <lg> can contain <l>, so:
> should work.
> Not sure if this is the best way. You might check the KJV to see how I
> did it there.

acrostic wasn't defined as a type of lg, so if you really want to tag a
stanza as being acrostic, you'd have to use <lg type="x-acrostic">. You
might also want to add an n value: <lg type="x-acrostic" n="[letter]">.

Where the acrostic is really expected is within title:
<title type="acrostic">[letter]</title>