[sword-devel] [sword-support] The Bible Tool and Open Scriptures

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Feb 18 08:34:46 MST 2009

Weston Ruter wrote:
> Dear Crosswire,
> Thank you for all you guys are doing to further open source Bible
> software. I am writing inquiring about The Bible Tool. It appears to me
> that development on it has slowed down, is that right?

Kind of. Troy and I have some definitive plans what should happen and a
extremely vague time scale when to achieve that.

completing internationalisation frame work (last missing piece is
localised references)
improving installation and customisation (better than before, but
needsto be tidied up and concluded)
introducing greater session independence (it should be possible to have
two (or more) independent tabs running which do not influence each other)

We try and meet up this coming weekend and will see where we get to.

 I am curious
> because I'm trying to spearhead a project called Open Scriptures
> <http://openscriptures.org/> which seeks to do for scriptural data what
> Open Social is doing for social network data. Open Scriptures seeks to
> integrate the various scriptural resources out there into a common web
> API that can be used to create in translation-neutral and
> internationalized web mashups of scriptural data.

I can not say that I understand anything of what you say here, but that
is my fault and not yours I guess. Troy will know what you want to achieve.

> I would like to know if there is some way I can partner with Crosswire
> on this effort.

Always. Welcome.

Peter