[sword-devel] ICU transliteration resources

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:08:41 MST 2009

I have successfully compiled ICU with mingw on Windows and I'm trying
to get the transliteration filters working. These now work in Xiphos
in linux. However, the location of the filters appears hard-coded in
utf8transliterator.cpp. Is there an interface to allow passing the
location at runtime? This is necessary for Windows where the location
is not known at compile time.

Additionally, I hardcoded the location into utf8transliterator.cpp,
and it apparently loaded the filters, but transliteration still wasn't
working in Xiphos. Is there some way to test that the resource files
are actually correct?

I do not understand how BibleCS is managing this, as I was unable to
even locate the resources in the installation.

Matthew