[sword-devel] morphem separation

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Feb 16 06:37:17 MST 2009

Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> writes:
> What exactly is it, why is it useful to have in a  Bible study
> programme? And yes, is it something done by the engine? To what extent
> and which languages. Does it require specially marked up modules or is
> it simply there? Do we have modules on which it could be tested? What
> should I look out for?

I don't know anything about it, either, but I went digging a bit.

Looking at the source in src/modules/filters/osismorphsegmentation.cpp,
it's an OSIS capability requiring <seg></seg> markup.  I could add it to
Xiphos in an hour, if I knew it was useful enough to bother with.

I poked around a few modules, finding it only in KJV (but I wasn't being
comprehensive), where it used always to bracket divineName usage, e.g.,
So far, this doesn't convince me that it's adequately useful to justify
even that hour.