[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:38:28 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:

> Hi there ......
>
> Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
>>
>> We have released Xiphos (née GnomeSword) version 3.
>
> Following on from my last posting, I discovered the 'sync with main' and 'stay in sync' menuitems on the free-floating bible window.  The first works OK.  The second: 'stay in sync', reliably bombs out of the app. with the standard Windows XP error message that the app. needs to close.  Do you want me to try to get any further information on this problem?
>
> God bless,
> Barry

It is indeed rather easy to crash it using the detached dialogs. You
must be the only one using them! :) Please do report any bugs you find
(go to help->report bugs). Also, if you have other questions, the
users' mailing list would be a good place to ask (help->mailing list).
Feel free to drop in and chat with us in IRC as well (help->Live
Chat).

If you can find an easily reproducible crash and get it in the bug
tracker, it's possible it will be fixed by our next release (we're
working on a 3.0.1 to be released in just a few days).

Matthew