[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 9 10:07:14 MST 2009

Hi Karl .....

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> We have released Xiphos (née GnomeSword) version 3.

Congratulations!!!!  This is fantastic work!  I'm mystified about one
thing though: where does the Windows version put its modules?  I
installed to the default: .../program files/crosswire/xiphos

It didn't find my existing Sword modules.  These are at: C:\Bible\SWORD\

I did a remote install (download) of GodsWord, expecting to find an
extra mods.d and modules directory somewhere; there isn't!  I then tried
a local install of NET and NETNotes from my existing installation.  It
worked just fine, but where are the files?  I've worked with GnomeSword
on Linux, and the directory structure is standard Linux with the files
below my home directory ....  this Windows version seems quite different
and I'm really curious as to how it works.  Can I write a sword.conf
file to tell it where my Sword directory is?  If so, where do I put it?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com