[sword-devel] Mac (was Locale and text retrieval code)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 1 16:15:43 MST 2009

Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>> ...  I need a new laptop and considering buying a Mac! :)
>
> Good choice. My MacBook is the best notebook computer I have ever used.
> You should definitely seriously consider a new MacBook or MacBook Pro.
> You can run Parallels on it and run Windows and Linux in virtual
> machines, as well as running the native OS X. That makes it a GREAT
> machine for cross-platform programming.

_Totally_ agree. The new MBs & MBPs are rad. I've got Leopard, Win7, &
Ubuntu HH on mine via boot camp & parallels. The MBPs with both
integrated & dedicated graphics cards should be really nice if Snow
Leopard can use OpenCL to utilize the second GPU as a GPGPU. And the
multi-touch trackpad offers quite an experience, even for simple web
browsing.

I'd also recommend checking into the educational discounts, if at all
possible. And don't forget to check the educational memberships to ADC,
which cost $100 but (in my case) got me a $500 discount on my laptop
(vs. the standard $200 ed. discount).

--Chris