[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.2 source tarball released

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Dec 24 13:43:42 MST 2009

I suppose the question was prompted in my mind by familiarity with

(a) the Firefox add-on called OPML Support, one that adds OPML Import/Export
functionality to the Firefox bookmarks manager, and
(b) with the JSword based front-end FireBible, the Firefox add-on. Among
other things, this adds a FireBible Bookmarks option to the Bookmarks menu.

This led me to wonder whether eventually there might be a means to provide
some kind of interoperability for bookmarks between one front-end and
another, in this case between Xiphos and FireBible.

It's like a ball in the deep grass, but maybe the creative idea in these
thoughts will spur someone to think further about the concept, and explore
whether this is worthwhile pursuing.

David