[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.2 source tarball released
karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Dec 24 10:09:11 MST 2009
Merry Christmas from the Xiphos development team.
The source tarball was built and put onto SourceForge a few minutes
ago. Package builders should be doing their thing over the next day or
three. The Win32 installer will be uploaded to SourceForge when it's
ready; Linux *.rpm and *.deb will appear in their usual places.
Significant development since September or so:
- Xiphos-internal interface language selector.
- Bookmarks are exportable. XML, HTML, plaintext.
- Xiphos' main window navigation can be sampled and driven via
external programs such as Bibledit, notably in support of Bible
- Universal synchronization has been implemented between the main
window and all detached windows, including embedded parallel tab.
- Several new interface translations: Russian, Romanian, Spanish, Chinese.
- Huge improvements have been made to startup, search, and module
manager setup times, due to internal refactoring of the usage of
the Sword library.
- The verse annotation feature localizes verse references.
- Many dependencies on GNOME libraries have been removed.
- When doing searches, both sidebar and advanced, the "purplify"
word-match facility has been rewritten from the ground up, and
correctly identifies search keywords.
- Corrections were made to text justification handling for RtoL
For those neck-deep in the code:
- Function prototypes are enforced.
- The debug build of Xiphos includes substantial null pointer
detection in the use of certain common string functions.
- The ImageMagick dependency is gone, replaced with GTK functions.
- Timers have been implemented to show SWMgr creation delays.
In a couple months, we will follow up this release with the forthcoming
3.2 for support (finally) for av11n and xulrunner/webkit Windows display
More information about the sword-devel