[sword-devel] SwordReader .....

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:36:34 MST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 12:02, Barry Drake wrote:

> suspect that there is no longer any need to maintain the present release beyond offering support, which I can do!

Do  I understand this correctly:
* There will be ongoing support for Sword Reader;
* The only ongoing development will be bug fixes;

###

In the last six months, three other vendors of Bible Study Software
have announced that they will be doing no further development on the
WinMo platform, and all official support will end on, or before 1
January 2010.

By way of comparison:
* Either two or three organizations have released Bible Software for
the iPhone in the last six months;
* Either one or two organizations have released Bible Software for the
Android platform, in the last six months;

[I don't have precise dates available, but I think that all of these
announcements have been in the last three months, rather than last six
months.]

jonathon