[sword-devel] Localised language names for third party modules?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 07:06:40 MST 2009

Thanks Karl,

For the Hindi Bible, he has "hin" rather than "hi".
For the Telugu Bible, he has "tel" rather than "te".
For the KanKJV Bible, he has "kan" rather than "kn".
For the Hmar Bible, he has "hmr" (there is no two letter code).

My guess is that when they become available as SWORD modules,
For the Malayalam Bible, he'd have "mal" rather than "ml".
For the Koya Bible, he'd have "kff" (there is no two letter code).

No doubt there will eventually be more in the pipeline from bro. Yesudas &
his team.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India Languages of India

I have discussed with him the potential for making modules in more Indian
languages.
Please pray (everyone), especially as they pursue permissions for
distribution, etc.

David