[sword-devel] Updated regex.patch

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:30:38 MST 2009

2009/12/17 Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org>:
> Dima and Matthew,
> Thank you guys for working on this!  Any final status on the situation?
> Dima, could you explain to me the changes you've made with regard to
> changing:
> -INCLUDES = -I $(top_srcdir)/include
> +include $(top_srcdir)/include/Makefile.am
> I'm no configure expert and so this looks very different to me.
> The first seems to add a -I sword/include to the include path during
> compile.
> The second seems to include the include/Makefile.am during autoconf
> processing.
> Again, I'm ignorant to these matters, but just wanted us to check before
> committing code that might not be related to the problem at hand and
> might break something else right before a release.
> Thanks for bearing with my scrutiny.
> Troy

After I have patched the configure.in I have noticed that *some* files
use system regex.h header and *some* files use the sword one. Which is
inconsistent resulting in getting linked to both.

If you look at $(top_srcdir)/include/Makefile.am you will notice that
it is defining all the sword headers. By using this Makefile.am
everywhere I could consistently get all other objects to either use
the sword regex.h or not.

Hope this makes sence..... =)

Anyhow there are a lot of really strange stuff in configure.ac &
makefile.am's. I might work on it when I have time and send some
patches but can't promise I will work on it any time soon.

With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

More information about the sword-devel mailing list