[sword-devel] PocketSword is released

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Dec 17 01:14:23 MST 2009

Thanks for all the feedback  :)

Sorry I'm only just getting to this at the end of the discussion - have been on a quick 3 day trip, planned about a month ago.  Little did I realise that PS would be released in the middle of that!  ;)

The first time PS is run, it unzips and installs the KJV and MHCC into the correct locations.  It's impossible to pre-install it such that it instantly works on the first run (Apple have done some cool stuff for security reasons, but it makes my life harder!).  Hence you will see longer first-run startup times  :)

Assuming you're all actually using iPhone 3G, those are good speeds (well, besides Greg - are you able to take yours to an Apple store & get it checked out?).  If you try it on a 3GS it's crazy fast - a friend has one & I love it!  Unfortunately, I am constantly running PS in debug mode, so I am sick of how slow it is! :(  But there should be a few speed increases in both navigation and startup speed in the next release (aiming for mid January?)...  :)

Thanks all, ybic
	nic...  :)