[sword-devel] Mingw and SWORD's internal regex (was: Re: 1.6.1 outstanding items?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 7 20:11:06 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:
> I've made a test that correctly works to identify Mingw, and I'll send
> a patch later. However, there are some serious problems with the regex
> library as it now is. First off, there were several additional files
> added that were not added to the autotools config. Secondly, even if
> they're added, nothing compiles with gcc. I worked on it for a while,
> but I'm close to giving up. So if the idea is to have this library for
> convenience for mingw/gcc, we might as well go back to the previous
> one, which at least compiled.

I updated GNU's regex code because it was quite old, as you pointed out. 
I think it is beneficial to all projects using Sword with the bundled 
GNU regex to have this code updated, since it was over ten years old.

The additional files do not need to be added to any makefiles or project 
files. I suppose you could, but it would be counter-productive given 
their use. (Read regex.c if you don't understand this.) Everything works 
as a drop-in replacement (without any modifications) in VC++ 2008.


More information about the sword-devel mailing list