[sword-devel] configure.ac defaults (was: -O3 -g)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Dec 7 04:32:06 MST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Finally, we added a while back turning on -Wall -Werror, I think at the
> request of the Bibletime team because they started using it and some of
> our headers where causing them trouble.

The purpose of -Werror is to keep the code as clean and correct as
possible. If the frontend doesn't use it, some potentially harmful or
questionable code may creep in. Using -Werror as default for the library
itself isn't necessary, but the library headers should be guaranteed to
trigger no warnings (maybe those extra system dependent warnings
excluded, which are the problem here). It would of course be a good
practice for any project to use -Werror for all occasions if possible.
Could the library developers always use -Werror even if it's not a
"normal" flag?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland