[sword-devel] ICUSWORD [was: 1.6.1 outstanding items?]

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Dec 3 18:32:20 MST 2009

Thanks Matthew,

Does anyone understand _ICUSWORD_?

In the previous configure.ac there was code like this:

AC_HELP_STRING([--with-icu],[use ICU... (default=no)]),,with_icu=no)
AC_SUBST(with_icu)
AM_CONDITIONAL(ICU, test x$with_icu = xyes)
AM_CONDITIONAL(ICUSWORD, test x$with_icu = xsword)

I'm no autoconf expert either, but I didn't understand why both were
using the with_icu flag, and how it could be set to anything other than
'yes' or 'no'.

I attempted to move our special compiler defines out of individual
Makefile.am files throughout the tree and into the top level
configure.ac file so we would have consistent defines across all our lib
and our utilities.  I see I've botched moving the _ICUSWORD_ define up.

How's this?  I just committed code which adds a --with-icusword option
to configure.  This advertises the feature to developers and replaces
the previous behavior of defining _ICUSWORD_

I'd still like for someone to review src/filters/Makefile.am and look
for HAVE_ICUSWORD.

Does this work for everyone?

Thanks for the alert Matthew.

Troy