[sword-devel] using encryption with current osis2mod (r2435

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:03:41 MST 2009

On 26/08/2009, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:

> It does not work.

We found this out a while ago, didn't we?

> The code that has been there forever, no longer works. I checked out
> revision 1929 from June 2006 and with minor changes, compiled it against the
> current SWORD library. It has the same problem.
> That code is:
>        SWFilter *cipherFilter = 0;
>        if (!cipherKey.empty()){
>                fprintf(stderr, "Adding cipher filter with phrase: %s\n",
> cipherKey.c_str() );
>                cipherFilter = new CipherFilter(cipherKey.c_str());
>                module->AddRawFilter(cipherFilter);
>        }
The rawfilters are run when text is taken out, not put in. So
the cipherfilter will never be run.

> This is the same that is used in mod2zmod and tei2mod. Interestingly,
> cipherraw works entirely differently.
 I don't have a good environment to debug it and would appreciate someone to
> look at it. The basic idea is that the cipher is used on the raw text of a
> verse to create a jumbled string of the same length.

If no one else does, I can probably look at this in a few hours...

Then there is the question of why Jonathan has it working... Are you sure
cipherraw hasn't been near the module? Unmodified code from SVN?
God Bless,
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near