[sword-devel] Release-critical TODO items (updated mod2osis patch)

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 27 18:00:28 MST 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 8:53 PM, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>
>>> BTW, wouldn't putting this URL somewhere in the kjv.conf file be
>>> both useful and appropriate?
>
>> Perhaps, but the location is temporary and I've documented it on
>> the wiki. It'd be better to put it in a more permanent place first.
>
> Good point.  Maybe http://crosswire.org/sourcedocuments/ would work
> for that?  So, this one could be (say):
>
>  http://crosswire.org/sourcedocuments/kjv/2006/kjvxml.zip
>

> BTW, I'm mildly confused by the "KJV2003" designation but this one
> is from 2006?  Probably I just lack the project history background
> info needed to understand the year designations.

The project was called KJV2003. It's goal was to provide a free,
unencumbered Strong's numbering of the NT.

The results of that project were great but had some encoding bugs.

The KJV2006 effort was a bug fix of the KJV2003 project.

So it's kind of like a 1.6.1 point release against the 1.6 full release.

Clear?

In Christ,
	DM