[sword-devel] Library Doxygen documentation

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 10:05:07 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>> Hmmm, the website started working again.  Good.

>>> http://www.crosswire.org/~ghellings/1_6_0RC2classdocs/main.html says:
>>>
>>>  Well known frontends are:
>>>  -SWORD for Windows (http://crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs/)
>>>  -GnomeSword (http://gnomesword.sourceforge.net/)
>>>  -BibleTime (http://www.bibletime.info/)
>>>
>>> A quick s/GnomeSword/Xiphos/ is probably called for :)
>>
>> That would have to be changed in the SWORD source directly.  All of
>> that text comes from there.
>
> Similarly, the API Primer linked from there is no longer available (I
> can get it from Google cache, but it has apparently gone, and Google
> didn't seem to find it elsewhere).  Not sure whether the link should
> be removed or the primer should be rehosted and maybe updated
> (possibly on the Wiki, which is intended to be more of a developers
> area?).  The BibleCS page also doesn't seem available.  Xiphos should
> probably link directly to http://xiphos.org, which is where it
> redirects to.

Finding where those come from in the SWORD source and submitting a
patch is the easiest way to fix those. :)  Again: all of the content
of the docs themselves comes straight out of the comments in the
source code, so anyone can make a patch against that and submit it for
those with write access to update.

--Greg