[sword-devel] Notice in licence agreement

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Fri Apr 24 07:31:06 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> ... The point is to tell shortly what they can do: obtain and use it
> freely for almost any purpose. AND that distributing is allowed within
> certain limits. My clause about distributing is too limited as was
> pointed out. However, it's not legally binding and it still tells
> people that they can distribute.

I don't understand your statement about it not being legally binding. If
you tell people they can do something you have given license as far as I
know. If you want to suggest they may be able to do something then
perhaps something like this:

Want to give away copies to friends? You can, but check the license for
restrictions.
Want to modify the software? You can, but check the license for
restrictions.

Jerry