[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Compatibility break: Sword 1.6RC1->RC2 API change

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:14:05 MST 2009

If I could also please request that the previous function be added
back in. Like Manfred, subclassing InstallMgr to call a gui function
is violating the separation we try to have between frontend and
backend code. Already, we simply provide our own warning, always
returning true to the function. We would do the same if we had to
subclass, because attempting to provide a function there violates both
our code separation and our workflow. My personal opinion is that
doing some education here on the list as to what the dangers are to
believers in persecuted countries would be far more effective than
this addition to the library.

The primary reason it would be nice to have the previous function back
is that except for this issue, Xiphos 3.0.1 is compatible with the
next release of sword. If this api change is made now, we will need to
have another release just to keep compatibility.

Matthew