[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Bibletime 2.0.alpha3 FTBFS with sword 1.6.0RC1 library

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Apr 23 04:02:59 MST 2009

Quoting Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com>:

> We also use InstallMgr without subclassing. Frankly, I don't see how
> the virtual method will make it any more likely that frontends will
> prompt the user. We already warn the user, so having this method at
> all seems redundant.

I think the idea is that the library can take care of calling the
warning dialog at proper time. The application logic needs only the
dialog and not any code which decides when to call it. It just has to
be bind in some way to the installmgr method.

If the virtual method was left out, I should call a checker function
either every time before I do some network action or once before any
network action is done. I don't want to do that, but it belongs
naturally to the library.

Currently the BT UI shows a static warning in the bookshelf manager
which is visible all the time. I want to get rid of that. If I remove
it, I can't just set the confirmed value to true. I don't want to
decide when to show it but leave it to the library - then it's shown
when the user does something with network for the first time.

--Eeli Kaikkonen