[sword-devel] OSIS tagging paragraph which span chapter ?

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:43:29 MST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:

>>> I am assuming that you verified that your input is valid OSIS by running
>>> it
>>> through an XML validator?
>>>

>> This is the error which is thrown by XML validator
>> "The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
>> "</p>". [5,632] "
>>

> You'll need to fix this first. If you need help identifying the problem,
> post the paragraph here, obscuring any copyrighted text.

Yes, the error is about nesting error. I will need to fix this using
milestone element instead of container element.

the text with OSIS tagging is available at
http://www.kiyut.com/products/alkitab/developer/bible/idkjv-20090421.zip
It is PD so no copyright :)

> My guess is that you are using the container and not the milestone form of
> the <chapter> element.

Yes, this is the problem

> The wiki only discusses what we have encountered so far. Once you get it
> working, either add what you figured out, or let us know what worked for you
> and we'll add it.

Yes, I think the Wiki need to be updated for recommended/best practice
for tagging OSIS text/bible.

> The recommended way is to use:
> And use milestoned chapters and verses.

I try to summarize here, so if something is not correct, please correct it.

Best Practice / recommendation for tagging OSIS text/bible
- For Chapter, use milestone element instead of container element
- For Verse, use milestone element instead of container element
- For Paragraph, use container element
- For Lemma/Strongs/Morph, use  ??? (container element)
- For Poems <lb>, use ??? (container element)
- anything else ?

note: for the wiki, if you need reference implementation for best
practice, please fell free to use the following project idkjv (PD)
available at
http://www.kiyut.com/products/alkitab/developer/index.html#idkjv

note: the latest update idkjv-20090421.zip still contains the above
nesting error, I still need to update it using the recommended chapter
and verse milestone to avoid nesting error.

note: is the wiki account is open for public (me) or only for
crosswire staff ? because I would like to update it as above best
practice, in case someone else encounter the same error nesting
paragraph

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--