[sword-devel] CrossWire Server Problems

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:43:44 MST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Troy A. Griffitts
<scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> A few things that changed recently.
>
> I updated to jdk 1.6.0_13
>
> I added the following env variable for tomcat:
> export JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms4096m -Xmx8192m"
>
> Wondering if anyone has insights...  I can always put them back if we think
> these are bad.

I do not have a lot of experience on Tomcat either (so take it as a
grain of salt).
Does the jdk is 64 bit or 32 bit ? I hear a lot of rumor regarding the
instability of 64 bit

Regarding too many file open problem ? What OS (linux) does it run ?

On linux you can check using
$> cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
$> cat /proc/sys/fs/inode-max
$> ulimit -n

and also check the /etc/security/limits.conf for the user/group where
the tomcat is run under

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--